Thursday, September 1, 2011

In other news...

A couple of emails, an application and $35 later, I'm licensed and officially allowed to operate a home-based business! Hooray!

When I get my Etsy site up and running I will forward the link along. For now, please feel free to enjoy some of my newer posts at www.islaycornersphotography.com

As I've mentioned previously, I am setting up a business to see if anyone wants to buy my photo greeting cards and matted prints. I've sunk a decent chunk of personal savings (a step above what I shoot lens amount) so we will see what sticks.

Originally, I have planned to take things slowly and maybe wait until the new year. After a phone call and putting my name on a vendor waiting list, I got the chance to be a vendor at an upcoming craft show! Yippee! I'm scared out of my mind!

I'm taking the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach to photo selection. I've got about 100 photo cards and about 50 prints. Thank goodness for Internet ordering and back to school sales, that's all I can say!

I would love to sell out but in reality if I can make my entry fees back, I will be thrilled. Heavens, if I can sell a print or even a card, I will be over the moon!

In other news, the kids are doing okay.

T is not liking Mommy being busy with her own stuff but she is handling it okay. That hasn't been the normal flurry of activities for her lately since most kids are back in school. She has met her new teacher, the new Miss Cindy (her preschool teacher last year was also a Miss Cindy) and she is excited to get started. I think she's going to love it. And whose kidding who, so is Mommy who misses her spare time!

R is busy practicing creeping around the living room but finds his hands and knees are still a faster mode of transportation. He hoists himself into a yoga position called the downward facing dog (legs together, butt in the air and hands down in the front). He has also taken to grabbing anything and everything that T has her hands on...I believe the phrase "Little brothers!" has been used quite often around here!

Must run and get back to sweating my behind off...we broke the record as of yesterday for the most number of days of 100F (@36C) in a given summer...the last record was set in the Dust Bowl during the Great Depression. Gotta love Kansas and air conditioning!

No comments: