Monday, December 14, 2009

Someone got caught kissing Santa Claus...

I just realized how long its been since I updated T's blog. My apologies.

Anyways, T is relaxing on the couch watching Franklin the Turtle, so I have a few minutes. She was has had a bought of stomach flu as of last night. She projectiled vomitted all over me three times last night in the span of a minute. We aren't sure what caused the tummy bug but she had a fever and was rather clingy. She was in bed by 6:15pm, I have forgotten how long its been since she was in bed that early. She woke up at 330am and talked to herself for a good 1/2 hour about what I can't remember as I was half comatose myself at that hour. It didn't help that Gryffin decided that was a good time to snuggle and purr really loud near my ear.


So far today, her Cherrios and milk have stayed down. Let's hope I've seen the last of that for a while.

Anyways, we have been in full Christmas mode for a few weeks now. The house is decorated, the tree is up/decorated and the lights are on the roof line of the house. The Christmas cards and packages to be mailed aren't done but they are in progress.


Decorating the outside of the house is a tough one as we don't have any electrical outlets near the front porch/lawn. I have to get creative if we are going to acknowledge the season anywhere but in the house. S put up the lights on the roof line, only to discover that we had a short circuit somewhere. Its been bitterly cold so he hasn't had too much of a chance to fix them. When he does go out, T must go too. She has taken to digging up my front garden, thankfully there aren't any live plants out there and the evergreen is pretty hardy (I haven't manage to kill it yet so T won't be able to either).

Many of our neighbours have those blow up Santas, reindeers etc. and honestly I can't stand them, so its not a terrible shame that we have not hydro outlets. I still wanted to do some form of decoration so we had to investigate our options. It required a little bit of field work by T and I. I want her to enjoy the holidays and help me with decorating so a couple of weeks ago after one of T's Kids Day Out, we popped by the better mall (on the east side) and hit up Kirkland's (its a decor store).


I wanted to get another Santa for my indoor collection and something for the porch. T helped me pick out a Santa for the indoors and then we proceeded to find some outdoor decor.

We spied these wooden/metal figures about 3.5 feet high that go out on your porch/display. There's a pole in the back that steadies the figure so it can be sat up at different heights (see the photos below). There was a Santa and a Snowman. They were about 20$ so it wouldn't break the bank to get one...unlike the huge metal snowman she also spied (he had a nose on a spring that she could make go boing, she loved that and it kept her occupied while I was at the checkout) that was 125$.

I asked T which one she wanted, the Santa or the Snowman. Santa, she very quickly replied. I asked again just so we were clear. Santa. Well, Santa it was.

We bought our purchases and proceeded to go past the Santa's Workshop (she wasn't too keen on the idea of sitting on Santa's lap, maybe next year) but she was quite enthralled with the tree displays and fake snow. After I dragged her, the 3.5 foot Santa and my indoor Santa away from the Christmas display, we had to go for a ride on the moving staircase (read escalator) at Sears before leaving for good.

I should say here that T is obsessed with the Christmas tree at our house. When she gets up in the morning, the first thing she does after turning on the TV, is to plug in the tree lights (under supervision of course). They must stay on whenever she is in the room. We are going to burn out the lights for sure.

Back to the Santa story. So I get the outdoor Santa all unwrapped and placed outside. My grand plan was to put up presents behind him to add to the display. I forgot how windy it can be so I've since added some tinsel to help down the presents, although I think I might have to rejig how its attached as its currently looks kinda dumb.

Santa has been adjorning our porch for about 2 weeks now. Whenever we come in through the front door, someone stops to say hello to Santa and more often then not, he gets a big smackeroo. I'm sure the Santa is covered in lead infested paint but a little peck isn't going to cause any grave health issues.



Photobucket



Santa!



Photobucket



Ms T. kissing Santa


Photobucket



I bought this jacket at a yard sale for $3 when T was about 3 months old...it finally fits her. The hood makes her looks like a little elf, too cute!



Photobucket



The much loved tree..between T and the cats 'playing', the ribbon needs adjusting hourly...

Photobucket

This is what T does while Daddy is on the roof..its a good thing I bought a cheap coat for her to wear outside, she was very dirty after digging to China.



No comments: