Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life is just snot fair sometimes...

Sometimes you can be ready to greet royalty...


And other times, you are just (s)not.

I'm not sure you can see this poor sick kid's face. She finally had a decent sleep yesterday afternoon and this is what I was greeted with when she decided to wake up. A bad hair day was the least of her fashion faux pas'. She has a sore nose from too many attempts at evacuating her nose and she had dried snot (for lack of a more descriptive word) all over her face. But as her father said, "At least she is smiling!"

That's my kid, the one who used to blow bubbles out her nose when she was sick, now grins like a crazy lady when she's is faced with a camera, even when she looks as bad as this. I have trained her well.

Someone once said that if you wake up with really bad bed head, you had a great sleep. I wonder what you have when you have snot too? All I know is that she is so going to hate me when she is older for sharing this photo.

For the record, we all seem to be on the mend from our transition to fall colds.



















No comments: