Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Revenge is best served with a soupcon of warm water and a dash of shampoo

At bath time lately, we've been having some trouble. Trouble of the hair washing variety.

Anytime S or I break out the face cloth to dampen T's hair to wash it, the crying and wimpering starts. Its rather pitiful. No parent wants to make their kid cry but you do need to have your hair washed from time to time.

I've tried being sneaky and I get "What you doing, Mommy?" Nope, that didn't work.

I've tried telling her that Phenix is being nice enough to let T use her shampoo to wash her hair. Nice try, but no.

I've tried having T help me bath Phenix. I thought that if I showed T that if a cat can stand there and get her fur washed, so can T. She ran away before I could show her how Phenix got bathed and then I had Phenix mad at me too. Phenix has ways of exacting revenge that make you regret bathing her. And well, let's be honest, reasoning with a toddler is generally not successful.

So I resorted to self sacrifice. Isn't that what motherhood is all about?

I told T that she could make Mummy's hair wet before Mummy's washes T's hair. She was all good with the idea until it came time to wash her own hair. Then the lower lip came out and away it quivered.

Well, tonight I tried having her sit with her head under the tap while I quickly wet her hair. That went quasi okay. Then she advised me, that it was Mummy's turn to get her hair wet. So I put my head under the tap and got my hair good and soaked. But that wasn't enough for T.

No, she had to use the milk jug/bath toy to further soak Mummy's head...after I'd already partially dried it off once. Then she rubbed my hair like I do when she gets her hair shampooed. Then to add further pay back, she dipped the facecloth in the bubble bath filled water and scrubbed my hair with it.

Not to be out done, Mummy exacted one last indecency...when T wasn't looking, I grabbed the shampoo and washed her hair. Not impressed. Out came the lower lip and bath time came to an abrupt and wimpering end.

Below are photos from earlier today. When I was on the phone long distance today, T decided to pull out every stitch of clothing in her dresser. Then when I was nicely folding them all back up, T decided to add insult to injury and raid her closet.

In the closet, she discovered two Hallowe'en costumes, a flower and a tiger. I got one at a yard sale and the other at a consignment sale. They are pretty warm for this time of year.

Below is T modeling the costumes. I think she looks better in the flower. The tiger is ever so slightly too big. She's not a fan of wearing things on her head. My favourite is the 'No way, no photos!' and the one with the pout. You can see the pout a mile away!


I think she looks like Hobbes (from the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon)


Roar! Roar!

Hmph! Pout, pout, pout!


I said NO MORE PICTURES!














No comments: